As a Certified B Corporation, AeroFarms is a mission-driven indoor vertical farming company transforming agriculture with global headquarters in Newark, NJ. Recognized by Inc.com as one of the Top 25 Disruptive Companies in the World, AeroFarms is scaling quickly to meet the demand for our fresh, locally grown produce that is setting new culinary standards. We now need someone special who can apply their experience as a Packaging Mechanic to help us grow.
- An incredible ‘change-the-world’ company with the eyes of the world focused on our success
- A team of motivated, intellectually curious individuals to support you
- The backing of some seriously impressive firms including Goldman Sachs, IKEA, Prudential and other leading venture funds.
Reporting to the Reliability Manager, the Packaging Mechanic is responsible for the repair and maintenance of all plant/facility equipment.
- Troubleshooting of and servicing automated packaging equipment (multi-head scales, filling machines, tray sealing machine etc.)
- Reading of electrical and hydraulic prints and schematics
- Work with Packaging Technicians and Farm Operations to establish equipment home settings and maintaining baseline conditions
- Operation of equipment including forklift, man lift, aerial lift, overhead cranes, and mobile cranes.
- Calibration of all electrical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Maintaining and sanitizing all work tools
- Troubleshooting of conduit threading, bending instillations, and wiring instillations
- Calibrate oscilloscope leaders, PLC's, PC's
- Working knowledge of multi-head weighing and tray-sealing technology such as Ishida or Yamato
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and prioritize to ensure minimum interruption to process.
- Strong organizational, time management, active listening and analytical skills required.
- Solid communication skills needed both verbally and in writing.
- High School Diploma or equivalent work experience required.
- Must have a successful completion of an approved Heavy Industry Apprentice Program.
- Minimum of three (3) years heavy industrial maintenance and electrical experience.
- Minimum three (3) years of experience in servicing an automated filling and packaging line in the food industry.
- Minimum of five (5) years heavy industrial maintenance and electrical experience or successful.
- Experience with print reading, including. electrical and hydraulic prints and schematics
- Thorough knowledge of calibration of all types of electrical equipment and HVAC systems.
- Rotating weekends required.
Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Suite
Supervisory Responsibilities: None
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee in order to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Must be able to lift to 50 lbs. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Work in environment with temperature that varies from extreme good to moderate. Exposure to farm environment: outside heat (110 degrees), (32 degrees cold) (ambient), wet, humid, dirty wet and some chemical exposure.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their supervisor.