The world needs our help. By 2050, there will be 9 billion people on the planet with less arable land than ever before. We need a solution to cultivate more using less and define the future of farming for generations to come. In 2004, AeroFarms began transforming agriculture with humans and our planet at the forefront.
In 2021, with 20+ current patents, 60+ pending patents, and 200+ invention disclosures, AeroFarms agriculture technology continues to grow unprecedented sustainable products, delivering elevated flavor, taste, experience, quality, access, and unmatched nutrition to you.
Here’s how we’re growing the best plants possible for the betterment of humanity:
- Researching and understanding plants to be better, more intuitive farmers
- Elevating local communities by increasing access to nutritious, high-quality, consistent, and safe products in a way that’s better for you and the planet
- Protecting and sustaining our environment for future generations
- Pioneering consistent, and scalable indoor vertical farming food safety & traceability practices, and manufacturing standards
- Investing in our AeroFarms humans and fostering our diverse company culture of inclusion, equity, excellence, teachability and curiosity
As AeroFarms approaches our next phase of explosive growth, we seek out creative, motivated humans who will join us in disrupting industry standards and lead the way in vertical farming, artificial intelligence, and plant biology breakthroughs to solve, and tackle global issues.
If a team of 200+ intellectually curious and caring humans, expansive global operations, and our change-the-world mission resonates with you, apply today:
We are looking for a highly motivated, experienced Software Engineer with strong technical, problem-solving, and design skills. The ideal candidate will thrive in a work environment that requires strong software development skills and independent self-direction, coupled with an aptitude for team collaboration and open communication. You will work with the development team to design and deliver finished, high quality, and compelling features and products on an on-time basis. This is a fantastic opportunity to engage in a positive, cutting-edge, and creative work environment that offers excellent benefits and rewards.
Work Location and return to work policy
At AeroFarms the safety and wellbeing of our employees is a top priority. We are very lucky that over 70% of our workforce is fully vaccinated so far, with more getting the COVID-19 vaccine every day. We are currently operating under a mostly remote work model however there is a requirement to attend in person meetings at our Farm a few days per week and to test our systems as we build them. Our long term return to work plan is going to be a hybrid in-person and remote model with 3 days per week in the office starting from some time in September.
- Design and build horizontally scalable components within a new major platform that the team is developing.
- Write reusable and extendable code and become a key contributor to the core platform.
- Wear multiple hats to help IT in multiple functions when needed.
- Partner with other departments to design and deploy critical systems on our infrastructure.
- Consistently work to make our software simpler.
- Challenge yourself and your peers to always improve.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in computer science, math, or engineering or relevant experience required
- Experience in databases (relational/document/etc.). Experience with PostgreSQL and TimescaleDB is a plus.
- Strong experience with Docker and/or container-oriented DevOps.
- Strong in Computer Science and/or Math.
- Strong in Algorithms and Data Structures.
- Experience building distributed and scalable complex services as well as robust microservices.
- Experience with web services development, REST or GraphQL interfaces, NodeJS and React preferred.
- Capable of mentoring junior developers in best practices and procedures.
- Experience with Test-Driven Development (TDD), AWS, or Azure is a plus.
- Experience with computer vision and machine learning/AI a plus.
- Experience with hardware programming is a plus.
- Collaboration - we know we cannot fix the world’s problems as an individual, we have to work together as a team to make that happen. Teamwork is how we get there!
- Communication - we are a small company (in relative terms - 200 employees), we work well together because we communicate well with each other. You must demonstrate why our mission is important to you: everyone who works at AeroFarms has a strong link to the mission: we want to hear why it means something to you!
- Agility - What we do has never been done before: we are an innovation company, there is no right or wrong way to do things, we constantly develop how we operate, we can always elevate what we are doing and never claim to have it right.
- Accountability - we don’t micromanage, we hire individuals who know what they need to do and can do so with minimal direction and take ownership of their projects and deadlines.
- Respect - We are already starting our journey scaling around the world: we want our team to represent every kind of individual out on planet earth and we need to respect different people, different ideas, different cultures etc. We can learn so much from each other, but respect is key
- Empowerment - we provide an environment for growth and development: we need your help to develop our business, we will help you develop in your career, and sky is the limit given our growth plans!!
*Please note that AeroFarms does not work with any external staffing/recruitment vendors. Any unsolicited resumes shared with the AeroFarms team will be considered property of AeroFarms and no recruitment fees of any kind will be paid or owed unless an existing recruitment agreement exists alongside with specific engagement for the role in question.